Saturday, February 7, 2009

Roy's Electric Guitar, Chapter 4




I got a couple things done today: The picture shows me doing some pearl inlay inside of body. This will be visible when you look in the f-hole. First, I decide what I want to inlay, then I glue the paper cut-out pattern onto a piece of mother of pearl. Next, use a jeweler's saw with a fine blade to cut the pearl. Finally, I use a dremel router to create cavity in the wood which will accept the the pearl piece. Glue it in with epoxy, let dry and sand flat.

I also worked on filing and sanding the f-hole on the walnut top for Roy's guitar. Some folks have asked some questions about certain terms for guitar parts so I will give a little explanation for those. The f-hole, not related to the a-hole, but if you imagine a violin or cello it is the shapely holes seen on either side of the bridge piece. Soon, the single f-hole on Roy's guitar will be bound and the top can then be glued to the mahogany body. I threw a picture of a f-hole for a visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment