Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Marshwood Guitars Delivered First Custom Order This Past Christmas!











Josh Barber (www.barberstudios.com/), a long time friend (and customer) received his Marshwood Custom Hollow Body Electric over the Holidays this past year. This one, a year in the making, features a 17" lower bout, carved maple top and back mahogany/maple neck, ebony fretboard and surprise inlay dedicated to the Fine Art achievements of Joshua Barber.

"Five Books," a series of iconic figures which told stories of the Old Testament was shown in Richmond, Virginia in 2005. I was one of the lucky people to be there and see such an incredible collection of fine art from one artist under one roof. The inlay I put in the headstock of his guitar is one of these iconic beings from this show.

I purchased my first Barber fine art piece in the fall 2000. This was his first sale. It was a piece, which I believe, was the beginning of this creative path. It features a guitar player, set in blue stonework, with a gold leaf halo around the figure's head. It is only fitting, that eight years later he is my first customer. Thanks Josh!

No comments:

Post a Comment