Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Rufus, P.H.D., Chapter 7

The Rufus, P.H.D. and myself communicated back and forth until we nailed down a f-hole design. I felt this instrument needed something a little non-traditional. Once the Doctor choose the best design it was time to snap into action. The f-holes were transfered onto the top and then pilot holes drilled. The humbucker pickup cavities were routed at this time (picture). I then cut the f-holes.






With this completed I choose the toggle switch, volume and tone control placement and drilled the appropriate holes. I prepared the top plate to be glued to the body. This required some fine joining and then applying shellac to the inside. In the picture you can see the top plate waiting to be joined with clamps in the background. Once the glue was dried I flushed up the top plate with the sides of the body. The body looks thick in this picture but once the neck pocket is routed the carving will begin leaving a nice contoured guitar.




No comments:

Post a Comment